Paraphrasing is a process. Follow these steps:
1. Read the information you found.
2. As you read, take notes. Write down the main idea, important details, and where you found the information.
3. Think about what you've read.
4. Reread your notes than write the paraphrase in your own words.
5. Cite your source with an in-text citation and at the end of your paper.
When you write a paraphrase, do it your own way; don't just change a couple of words in the original quote. Vary the sentence structure and remember to use quotation marks around any direct quotes you use.