Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click the icon to read on campus.
For off-campus access, please contact your librarian.
Browser/System Requirements for Flipster
- Internet Explorer 8+
- FireFox 28+
- Safari 5.1+
- Google Chrome 33+
Mobile Devices (Reading on a Mobile Device Browser)
- iOS - Versions 9 and higher
- Android - Latest Version
Note: If you are using a different mobile operating system, your Flipster experience may vary.
Flipster Mobile Viewer
When you choose to read Flipster magazines on your mobile device's browser, issues open in the mobile version of the viewer.
Mobile Viewer Tools
The menu highlighted above opens and closes on tap of the menu icon Menu button.
- Contents: Tap Contents to navigate the magazine using a list view table of contents.
- Pages: Tap Pages to navigate the magazine using a thumbnail view of all pages in the issue.
- Search: Tap Search to search the issue by keyword.
- All Issues: Tap All Issues to see all available issues of your title.
Flipster User's Guide
Reading Magazines in the Flipster Viewer
In the column on the right-hand side, you can:
- Search: Click the Search field to open the searching options. Enter your search terms in the field and use the limiters to:
- Search the current issue vs all issues.
- Search for all content vs articles only.
- All Issues: Hover your pointer over All Issues to access all available issues of your title as well as the Table of Contents for the current issue.
- Pages: Hover your pointer over Pages to view visualizations of all pages available in the current issue. Click on an image to go directly to that page.
- Zoom: Click the Plus or Minus buttons to zoom in and out of the page you are viewing.
- Page Arrows: Use the forward and back arrows to page through the current issue.
- Print: Click the Print button to open a PDF version of the pages you are currently viewing, which you can then print on your computer.
- Show one page at a time: Select to view only one page at a time.
- Zoom out on page change: Select to zoom out to the full page view every time you move to another page.
- Fit: Select to fit the page in the viewer by height, width, or height & width.